Sunday, June 10, 2012

Taste of Charlotte

It seems like all I do these days are study, work, or work out.  Well thats because those are the only 3 things I'm doing these days.  And those are the only 3 things I plan to do until June 30th.  However, I did a couple new things this weekend to switch it up some.  

While this still fits in the category of working out, I feel the need to mention it since it is different from my usual solo run, hot yoga sessions at Arrichion, or group TRX classes.  I joined a training running group in Charlotte this weekend just to help myself get ready for the next couple of half marathons I plan to run in the fall.  I joined Richmond's Sports Backers Half Marathon Training Team (HMTT) last summer when I was training for my first half marathon and wouldn't have done it any other way. 

Not only did I meet great friends, running long runs with a training group weekly was such a motivational experience for all of us in helping us achieve our goals.  While I knew that I couldn't find another group as amazing as my Richmond HMTT (Go Falcons!), I kept an open mind and hoped I'd find something similar in Charlotte.  Sure enough I came across USA Fit based out of a Run for Your Life running store location in the north Charlotte area.  I had a great first group run early on Saturday morning and met some great people with whom I'm looking forward to doing more long runs! Despite the Charlotte heat and humidity, I didn't end up sweating as much during my run as I do during hot yoga.  I don't know why I subject myself to the 100+ temps of hot yoga, yet I'll avoid outdoor runs on hot days in the sun...




Later that afternoon after hours of studying and a few chapters in my RxPrep book I decided to treat myself! At a work related meeting I attended this past Thursday, my manager introduced me to another new grad intern living in my area (literally down the road!).  Melissa and I hit it off pretty well and decided to go to Taste of Charlotte food festival together since we were both "off" (aka studying all day instead of working all day).  It was a much needed study break!  We ventured uptown to try out several local restaurants set up along Tryon St.  


Several food samples and menus later - oh and of course our chiquita banana crowns - our tummies were satisfied!  Gotta keep ourselves fueled while studying..... ;) I'm excited to try so many restaurants in Charlotte once I get my life back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment