The Queen's Feast is also known as Charlotte Restaurant Week! Between our hectic work schedules with new jobs and getting Bella, it has been hard for us to have a social life recently. Lucky for us, Charlotte restaurant week was all last week! As newcomers to the city we definitely are excited to explore Charlotte's dining options and what better way to do so?! Our schedules cooperated a few days and we were able to take advantage :) We kicked off the week with our friends Kandi & Chris and headed out to Aria, an upscale Italian restaurant in uptown. It is byfar one of the best Italian restaurants we have ever been to and I highly recommend it to Italian lovers!

We always have such a wonderful time with Kandi & Chris whether its just lounging around in our apartments watching tv together, having play dates with our dogs, grilling & hanging out poolside, eating out, or shopping! We are so happy that we met such a wonderful couple at our apartment complex upon moving to Charlotte and formed a lasting friendship so quickly :)
The next day, Rup & I headed out to dinner with our friends Melissa & Jim but this time we headed down to the Southpark area for some casual American dining at BrickTops. Sadly, we didn't take any pictures at this restaurant but enjoyed a night of dining, wining, & great conversation with great friends. Melissa & I work the same backbone Rite Aid pharmacist schedule which is great because it means we have the exact same days off together :)
We ended our week on the last day of restaurant week immediately after returning from Richmond this past weekend with Kandi & Chris (AGAIN!) at Cantina 1511 in Dilworth. Every time Rup & I had visited Charlotte prior to moving here, we ate at this restaurant because Mexican food is our FAVORITE to eat together and this is hands down the BEST mexican restaurant in Charlotte. Their live guac is the best guac I've ever had and I keep trying to steal the recipe. I'll admit Rup has come pretty darn close and makes a pretty tasty guac dip! While all the portion sizes and meals for restaurant week were huge, Cantina 1511's FOUR course meal leftovers are still being consumed in the Misra household to this day! And we love it :)
While I've enjoyed eating out a lot recently, I have missed cooking and plan to cook a lot more during the next couple of weeks on my days off, so be sure to check back for some delicious recipes!

No comments:
Post a Comment