Last weekend my crazy girlfriends and I set out to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Disney World. Sherri & I were just adding another half to our list and Joyce & Kandi were doing their very first half marathon (we secretly hoped to get them addicted to racing!)
The weekend was literally all about tiaras, tutus, fun sunglasses, princess tattoos, and princess rings. Basically, being a princess.
The first night we got there we went ahead and celebrated National Margarita Day with some margaritas and got our pre-race deep stretch massages. Saturday we were ready to venture out to Animal Kingdom where we met the awesome crew of Mickey, Donald, Daisy, & Goofy, all clad in their safari outfits at Tusker Hus. One awesome brunch buffet later we were ready to explore the rest of the park.
Obviously we had to meet Pocahontas along the way in front of the tree of life.
And my BFF/yoga buddy and I had to do the partner tree pose in front of the tree of life in our Arrichion tank tops of course :)
After we'd had enough fun in the sun and done a fair share of walking, it was time to rest our legs and head over to the race expo to pick up our awesome princess goodies. Not only were we running the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon that weekend but we were celebrating Joyce's birthday. I'm so happy that even with our crazy schedules and after moving apart from each other at the end of pharmacy school we are still able to keep up our friendship.
Sunday morning snuck up so quickly on us, especially the 4am hour which is what time we were loading onto buses heading over to the race.
I say we look pretty good for 4am in the morning :) Couldn't forget our princess tattoos obviously so we applied those the night before.
We set out along the race course and while Sherri & I ran the entire 13.1 miles, we had to stop at mile 5 here to take a quick pic in front of our castle of course.
And about 7 miles + the longest mile EVER thru Epcot, we approached this amazing gate :) The feeling is of crossing the finish line after a long race is one that you can't describe with words, you just have to be there. If I had to pick one word though....I'd say magical :)
This next pic was just seconds after crossing the finish together. Sherri's 5th 1/2 marathon, my 3rd 1/2 marathon, our 1st 1/2 marathon together, and certainly not our last!
We caught up with Kandi & Joyce after they finished their very 1st 1/2 marathon - what an accomplishment, so proud of these girls!!!
After getting cleaned up, we were ready to go celebrate like princesses for the rest of the day! Of course we had to wear our shirts, medals, and tiaras all day.
We set out to celebrate around the world at Epcot and met Princess Belle along the way.
We even ran into Minnie & Goofy :)
And for some reason, Sherri & I could not stop doing yoga poses. Drinks in hands, sore muscles, and all.
It was sadly time to say goodbye to the world at Epcot and move onto our next stop...Magic Kingdom!
After enjoying fireworks, an amazing dinner, and some rides, we sadly said goodbye to the happiest place in the world :( I couldn't have asked for a better race weekend in Disney with better girlfriends.
To anyone considering running a Disney race, don't consider it - DO IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment