Last night, the ladies and I got together for our second book club meeting which I hosted at my place. The menu included turkey meatballs with sweet chili marinade, four cheese and spinach mini quiches, chicken enchilada casserole, buffalo chicken dip, corn and black bean salsa dip, a veggie tray, chocolate covered strawberries, and a few bottles of wine. Perfect recipe for a fun girls night.
The book we read this month was The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.
It offered an interesting perspective as the entire book was narrated by a race car driver's dog. It makes me look at Bella from time to time now and think about what she is thinking and trying to say to me. Dogs are so much smarter than we think they are. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for something unique to read. It is a fast read and doesn't require too much thought. I will warn you, this book has several emotional ups and downs so be prepared to laugh, cry, be angry, and be happy. For especially all you dog lovers and owners out there, you must read this.

No comments:
Post a Comment