I will be catching up on my blogging over the next few days I've decided. So much has happened over the past couple months and I just couldn't keep up but I'm hoping I can make up for it now, even if it means I blog out of order a litte bit.
Almost 3 weeks ago, my little brother graduated from college. It is crazy just how quickly time flies! UVA holds so much tradition and history, so one can only imagine how much this influenced the graduation events. My brother became very involved in student organizations from the very beginning and he served as the Class of 2013 Vice President all four years he was at UVA. Due to his participation in class council and a group called trustees, he was able to "hook us up" all weekend.
Saturday morning started with a special breakfast, also attended by the valediction speaker who was none other than Stephen Colbert!
After patiently waiting for what seemed like forever, Rup finally snagged a picture with the man himself!
As the C/o 2013 VP, my brother had to give a special speech in front what seemed like thousands of people!
We took one last picture on Saturday before heading back to Richmond while my brother attended some of his friends' graduation parties and other events.
The next morning, we did not get rained out thank god and the final exercises took place on the historic UVA lawn, a very rich tradition!
I spotted my brother in the crowd only because once again he had gotten us into a VIP seating area. It's kind of like playing Where's Waldo? to find him.
Congrats to the Class of 2013 of the College of Arts & Sciences (Basically all of the BA and BS degrees!)
And here is the newest college grad in the family :) A bachelors degree looks good on him if I may say so myself!
A very proud Mishra/Misra family :)
Post graduation lunch at Bella's was amazing Italian food! Of course Miss Bella loved that we were eating at her namesake.
After lunch we went to the major ceremony where Suraj would finally receive his "diploma"...or rather something that at least looked official.
Congrats Suraj :)
Here he is with his advisor
And here are all of the human biology graduates from the C/o 2013
My brother has taken a research position with NIH for a year and will start in July. We are so proud of him and can't wait to see what the future holds for him!















No comments:
Post a Comment