Today was a big day. It was my first day of work in Charlotte. Though I chose to take a position with a company that I have worked for for about 6 years now, I still had the nervous first day of work jitters. It's a new place, new store, new team, new job title. I had already established a work family in Richmond with whom I felt so comfortable and it is always hard to form new relationships and connections after such solid ones exist. I kept a very positive attitude and open mind on my way to work this morning not knowing what to expect at all. I even gave myself a pep talk once I parked before I walked in. However, as soon as I walked into the pharmacy I was greeted by such happy smiling faces of a pharmacist and two technicians who were excited to have me. They immediately made me feel so comfortable and at home. My jitters completely dissolved and I received such great pharmacist training today. The day could not have been anymore perfect (unless I wasn't working of course). Can I just say there was a frozen yogurt place called YoFruitty right next door?! Yum. And since I'm still a Graduate Intern I have the ability to leave the pharmacy premises while working ;) Today was definitely a success because I'm not dreading going back there again tomorrow :) I feel so blessed to have a job I enjoy.
For those of you who know me well, naturally I had to document this special day with a photo. I even pretended to not care that we now have a uniform (navy blue tops with khakis).

No comments:
Post a Comment