Friday, July 6, 2012

A Week of Celebrations!


So much has been going on this week that I have felt extremely overwhelmed at times, but I know this is all supposed to be happening so the overwhelming feeling is for the best.  

Saturday, June 30th
I took my MPJE (NC Pharmacy Law Exam) in the morning and walked out thinking and hoping that that was the last pharmacy related exam I'd ever have to take in my entire life, it was a feeling of exhilaration to say the least.  Some poolside celebrations with my girlfirends were definitely in order :)

Sunday, July 1st
There are no photos for this day sadly but it was by far THE BEST day of the week.  I spent the afternoon shopping with Melissa recovering from the day before and as much as I LOVE shopping, Concord Mills Outlet Mall was not the best part of the week.  Rup had left Michigan that morning and had planned to drive down to North Carolina over the course of 2 days to give himself plenty of rest and time on his way down here.  He had updated me several times along his route and even told me where & when he had "stopped" for the evening.  I bought most of his nonsense since I was not expecting to see him until the next morning and had stayed pretty distracted with shopping.  After I had finally settled in for the evening I heard some loud abrupt knocking on the door which honestly startled me.  Rup also happened to be on the phone with me at the same time this knocking is occurring just telling me about the hotel he has checked into, the dinner he had, blah blah blah.  I open the door and there was my hubby standing in front of me with a huge smile on his face and the phone still in his hand.  That was one of the happiest moments of my life :)  Three years of long distance and several plane tickets later we are finally together and words cannot express how exciting that is for both of us!

Monday, July 2nd
We bought a small home office set & some balcony furniture, pictures to come soon after we are somewhat settled in.

Tuesday, July 3rd
Now this was a HUGE day for us for so many reasons.  

  1. We met on this day 3 years ago - July 3, 2009! I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and I was meant to meet Rup on this day 3 years ago even if I didn't know at the time (or maybe I did...) that he was going to be my soulmate & best friend.
  2. The movers delivered ALL of our things from Rup's place in Michigan.  Box after box after box after box after box after okay you get the point.  There was stuff EVERYWHERE.  Yay for finally living together in the same place!
  3. In the midst of all the moving chaos, I found out I passed the MPJE!!!!!!!  This meant two things: I never have to take another pharmacy exam ever again AND I am a legit pharmacist!!!!  All of the hard work I put into my education has finally paid off and I can say that I not only can see the light at the end of the tunnel but have made it thru the entire tunnel :) As soon as the movers were done unloading and left, my hubby & I dropped everything and he took me out to celebrate at my favorite establishment within walking distance of our place - On the Border Mexican Grill.  I was so happy he was here to celebrate this accomplishment with me since I had really missed him last week when I found out I had passed the NAPLEX. 
                        


Lastly, I had planned a surprise date for Rup a while back knowing that on July 3rd we would be celebrating the day we had met and Rup's arrival into Charlotte, little did I know that we'd also be celebrating me becoming a legit pharmacist!  I am a HUGE fan of the tv series The Bachelorette/The Bachelor and have no shame in admitting that!  This season especially has been so exciting because the first few weeks were filmed in bachelorette Emily's hometown of CHARLOTTE!  Emily took Ryan on their first date to Osso, her favorite restaurant in Charlotte and of course I looked it up immediately while watching that episode.  I discovered a bachelorette package the restaurant was doing as a promotion and snagged the opportunity immediately!  Not to mention, Osso is an Italian restaurant which is one of our favorite genres and was the first type of restaurant we went to together :)

The date involved a rose that I could give out during the date if I wanted ;)

 In addition to having some of the BEST Italian food we have ever had, the desserts at the end of our meal were phenomenal.  




       












The best part of the entire experience was that we got sit in the exact same seats as Emily & Ryan did during their date at Osso.  We received VIP service & a bottle of prosecco.  It was definitely one of the coolest dates we've been on and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in Charlotte!


Of course I asked Rup if he would accept the rose towards the end of the date and thankfully he accepted so he is safe at next week's rose ceremony ;) 


Wednesday, July 4th
See my previous blog post for this day's events if you're interested!

Thursday, July 5th
I officially became licensed!!!!!  For those of you not in the pharmacy world this means the NC Board of Pharmacy gave me a license number under which I can practice.  In one word, it means I'm OFFICIAL.   And let me tell you, they're not wasting anytime having me start.  TOMORROW is my first day as a real pharmacist. 

Friday, July 6th
That's today. Phew, told you it was an eventful week for me!  I have spent any and all of my free time this week unpacking & setting up our new apartment together and today was no different except that we went out to celebrate Melissa taking her MPJE today and never needing to study or take another pharmacy exam again.  It was a nice relaxing afternoon/evening and is just what I needed the day before my first solo shift as a pharmacist.  I am so sad that my week off has come to an end but I am excited to begin my career!



Wish me luck for my first SOLO shift as a pharmacist tomorrow and stay tuned to hear about how my first real day of work went!

No comments:

Post a Comment